Sunday, May 17, 2015
The Rising Son Review
Welcome to the third album review by Mr. six Wheels. Today I’m going to be reviewing The Rising Son by Doug G. Doug Galiardo aka Doug G, is an independent Hip Hop artist from Huntington, NY. Combining hard hitting old school production with in depth and clever lyrics, there is no doubt that everybody can relate to this kind of music. Showing raw emotion, raw talent, and the capability to keep up with other artists in this genre Doug G wants in this genre Doug G wants to make a mark and be here to stay with his brand of Old School meets New School Sound. His debut album "The Rising Son" was released on February 23rd 2015 and available via Bandcamp. Now’s let’s journey into the Rising Son.
The album opens up with a killer movie intro and gets you ready for what’s next. Madman is damn!!!! I wasn’t expecting that- let me rewind. “When I’m turning up the only thing that’s turning up/ Is rapper’s bodies from these core dishes I’m serving up. Beat is ill- a perfect mix between rock and hip-hop. Lyrics are killing. The Chase is fire bars and a killer hook. It brings back to real hip-hop. Rewind, Fast Forward and Play is Doug talking about looking back at the past and telling us not to get too caught up in it. Kids is about growing up and how people change. I love the Stone Cold Steve Austin clip on Projectile Vomit and it’s the dopest track on the album. Don’t believe me- listen to it now! Stomp is cool but it seems like it was the wrong beat, and Doug was going too fast. Make Them Pay is dope- “Writing hot shit as if a writer’s hand was on a stovetop.” “They try to swallow truth but it went down the wrong pipe.” I made a mistake; this is the illest track on the album. Professionalism is Doug G spitting more dope and laying out a challenge for all of the other rappers. “The one white guy that doesn’t look like Ben Affleck.” Progression is straight fire. Keep Watch is dope bars coming at ya. “Getting nervous like a sex offender on a first date/ Reason why I never put money in the church plate.” Also has the best hook on the album. Vibe to the Power is Doug touching on lack of support from “friends.” Lyrical Reps has dope lyrics, but I wasn’t really feeling the hook. “The game needs to go on a diet and stop eating the cake.” Hip-Hop is lost is Doug venting about problems with today’s mainstream hip-hop. And who can blame him? Hip-Hop Jesus- “Can’t reap what you sow without a needle.” Immunities has Doug rapping: “I never have to wonder at dinner what my main course is.” Immunities is a motivational track for anybody who’s struggling.
I give the album a perfect 10 out of ten- it was my pleasure to review this masterpiece. My least favorite track was Stomp for the reasons stated above, and the tracks are much too dope to pick a favorite. I couldn’t pick my favorite line either- so indecisive. I’m done yapping now, listen to this masterpiece and judge for yourself here https://soundcloud.com/dougygthemc/sets/the-rising-son Tell me what you think in the comments and network. Make sure that you support the underground, because we’re all we got.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twisters Music says Puh-Pow!!
ReplyDelete